Volunteer update

I know it hasn’t been that long since my original post on this grapevine-looking volunteer, but I just had to add this.

On Monday I moved the armillary in that garden to the spot where the volunteer is.  I sort of threaded the two main stems of the grapevine (if that’s what it is) up through the middle and just left it at that.

Last night this is what it looked like.

I can’t believe how fast this vine is growing–I’m excited to see what it really is and if we get grapes on it. :) If nothing else, I love the way it looks growing up the sides of the armillary.

I spent a little time last night putzing around in the yard and everything looks pretty good–the peonies are starting to bloom and the irises as well.  I’ll have some photos of those later this week.

This entry was posted in Gardening and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Volunteer update

  1. Molly says:

    To me it looks like Virginia Creeper. Its a THUG – big time. Its something that we battle constantly in our fruit trees. It grows a foot a week and the berries are spread by birds and other wildlife. It is also impossible to kill. You have to make sure you get every spec of rhizome out and burn it to keep it from spreading.

    If it is that, get it out right now as it will strangle any tree or plant in its wake. The berries are also very poisonous to humans but not to animals.

  2. Greetings from Los angeles! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get
    home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyways, superb blog!

Comments are closed.